July 08, 2019

IS FENTY BEAUTY WORTH THE $$$



I went Oxford shopping a couple of weeks ago and popped into their local Boots. Having heard such good reviews on the Fenty Beauty Soft Matte Longwear Foundation, I just couldn't resist buying one for myself. I have used this product on a number of occasions and I am now in a position to give a brutally honest review on Rihanna's £27 foundation.





Firstly, I would strongly advise going into store so that you can be colour-matched rather than buying the product online. This is particularly important as this foundation does oxidise- meaning it goes a few shades darker when applied onto the skin. The biggest selling point about this foundation is that it comes in fifty shades. Yes, FIFTY. Most of you will know the struggles of wanting a certain foundation but not being able to find a suitable shade. This is definitely not an issue here. I am very decisive when it comes to foundations and I know that I prefer a darker shade than my normal complexion, with a warmer undertone. Having explained this to the lady, she recommended that I got the shade 330.




The product is described as ‘longwear’ and I definitely feel that it lives up to this claim. Having tried the foundation on various occasions, I noticed that it doesn’t budge at all. In fact, this foundation lasted in the muggiest and warmest of conditions throughout my entire University Summer Ball- from 3pm in the afternoon until 6am in the morning!


Similarly, the foundation claims to be a ‘soft matte’. Now, if you know me, you’ll know I am a sucker for a matte look and I much prefer it to a dewy one. However, this product is extreeeeme. It has to be the mattest foundation I have EVER tried- and I have tried an awful lot in my time. Although this can be a good thing, it did make me look a little one-dimensional. I don’t feel like I can go out wearing the foundation alone. Instead, I would need to contour my face to add some depth back. If you do prefer a dewier look, then you could always add a facial oil or liquid highlighter to the foundation, but this is a bit of a hassle if you ask me.




Now it’s time to spill the tea and tell you about my LEAST favourite part of the product. The part which was disappointing, the part which ruins the product, the part which ultimately makes me not want to repurchase the foundation… So, what is its downfall? The coverage. It claims to be ‘medium to full', but I strongly disagree. When first using the product, I thought the coverage was good. Not great, but good. However, I recently had a breakout, leaving me with spots and scars all over my forehead and cheek. To be honest, this product did a very bad job at concealing it. Not only could I still see all of my marks, but it actually made them more noticeable. Consequently, I had to apply layers and layers of foundation and concealer on top, leaving my skin looking extremely cakey. It’s a real shame because other than this, it is a good quality foundation.

Overall, I am impressed with this foundation, but I don’t think I will be repurchasing it. Although it is worth the investment if you prefer a lightweight foundation, I personally prefer a full coverage one, and that is just something that this product does not offer.

Thanks for reading!

Rikki xx

9 comments:

  1. Oh wow, what a good post. Keep up the good share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog, especially the visual aspect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the great advice as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so appreciate your blog and you continuously amazed me. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post as always. Useful sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please continue this great work and I look forward to more of your awesome blog posts. meditación

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes i am totally agreed with this article and i just want say that this article is very nice and very informative article.I will make sure to be reading your blog more. You made a good point but I can't help but wonder, what about the other side? !!!!!!THANKS!!!!!! site de streaming gratuit et légal

    ReplyDelete