May 24, 2017

YSL*

 


As some of you may already know, I am a huge fan of high end brow products... The Anastasia Beverly Hill's Dipbrow Pomade was the first one I ever owned and it's safe to say that I was completely obsessed! Although it has lasted me over two years, I have finally used it all up and thought this was the perfect time to try out some other products... Today, I will be reviewing the YSL brow range which consists of a pencil, a powder palette, a brow marker and a brow wand. I've spent the past week testing out these products and will be telling you whether they are really worth the splurge...



1- Firstly, we have 'Dessin Des Sourcils' which is an eyebrow pencil that retails at £21. It has two different sides- one with a pencil and the other with a spoolie. The pencil itself is very good quality... It has a smooth, luxurious and buildable consistency which just glides right on... The pencil can be easily sharpened without snapping, which is something most other pencils are extremely susceptible to. It enables you to achieve tiny, hair-like strokes which gives a very natural look, but can be layered for a more dark, dramatic and defined look, too.


2- This is the 'Couture Brow Palette'. The packaging is compact and definitely represents the expensive, luxurious nature of the product. It is gold mirrored and contains a brush applicator, some tweezers and three different powder based shades: a dark brown, a light brown and a creamy highlighter shade which you apply below your brow to help give it a lift.


I love the fact that this product is so small and easily portable- it's perfect for someone like myself who is currently studying at university and is always on the move from one place to another. This product is great if you're looking for a natural product that is going to enhance your current eyebrows rather than a more dramatic look. It helps give the illusion of fuller and thicker eyebrows. I personally love really dark eyebrows, so for myself, I probably wouldn't purchase this as I much prefer their other products. It retails at £35 which, in my opinion, is a little pricey.


3- Then there is the "Couture Brow Marker" which retails at £21. I have never tried a brow product like this before- it's similar to that of a felt tip... Out of the whole range, this is the product I was most enthusiastic to try out and it ended up being my personal favourite too- it certainly didn't disappoint. The tip is small and precise and enables you to get clear, defined, sharp lines which gives you a more intense brow look. It is very easy to use, provides you with precise control over the product and completely transforms your brows in no time at all!


4- Finally, there is "Couture Brow" which is £22. The best way to describe this is "mascara but for your eyebrows". This product is extremely buildable and helps make your brows look naturally fuller and thicker as it catches every individual hair and coats it in a darker colour. This is perfect for those days where you don't want to go out with non existent eyebrows, but you still want a very subtle, natural look. You can also use it over all of your other eyebrow products to set it and keep your hairs in place. This product is lightweight and didn't make my eyebrows feel caked in makeup, which is what I particularly loved about it.

Overall, I really did like this range! I was slightly disappointed with the powder, but all of the other products far exceeded my initial expectations and I would recommend them if you're looking to find some new high end brow products...

That's everything for this post, thank you so much for reading,
Rikki xx

No comments:

Post a Comment